Main menu

Pages

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis condemn ex-nanny's 'false and heinous accusations'

featured image

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis made a joint statement in response to allegations made by their ex-nanny about their relationship falling apart.

On October 17, the Daily Mail published an interview with the actor’s former employee, who chose not to reveal his name. In the report, the nanny claimed, among other things, that Wilde, 38, and Sudeikis, 47, broke up their seven-year engagement after Wilde began filming “Don’t Worry, Darling,” and the couple had multiple violent arguments.

While directing the movie, which was released in theaters last month, Wilde began a relationship with one of its stars, Harry Styles. The two have been together since November 2020.

“As parents, it is incredibly sad to learn that a former nanny of our two young children would choose to make such false and heinous accusations against us. The now 18-month campaign to harass us and our loved ones has reached its unfortunate climax, Wilde and Sudeikis said in a joint statement Monday. reached,” he said.

They concluded, “We will now continue to focus on raising and protecting our children, with the sincere hope that she will choose to leave our family alone.”

Although Wilde and Sudeikis separated almost two years ago, the consequences of their relationship and co-parenting of their two children, 8-year-old Otis and 6-year-old Daisy, were widely discussed.

In April, Wilde was presented with papers about his children during a show at CinemaCon. The actor and director were releasing a trailer for “Don’t Worry Darling” when he received the documents. Variety reported that the manila envelope was labeled “personal and confidential.”

Sources close to Sudeikis confirmed via email to NBC News at the time that “documents were being prepared to establish jurisdiction over the children of Ms. Wilde and Mr. Sudeikis.”

Sources also claimed that the “Ted Lasso” star “had no prior knowledge of where and when the envelope would be delivered, as this would depend solely on the relevant transaction service company and would never condone such a service”. in an inappropriate way.”

Wilde covered the event in an interview with Variety in August.

“That was my workplace,” he said. “In any other workplace that would be seen as an attack. It was really sad. It shouldn’t have happened.”

The filmmaker said, “There has been a major breach in security that is truly frightening. With a few badges you’ll have to jump through the obstacles to get into that room, plus special COVID tests that had to be taken days in advance, which gave you the necessary wristbands to access the event – something to think about beforehand. ”

The unexpected outage after the Las Vegas event marked the headlines and conversations on social media.

“I hated that this scumbag was walking away from the work of so many different people and the studio I represented there,” he told the broadcast. “The really vicious thing is trying to sabotage. But I had a job to do; I am not easily distracted. But unfortunately that wasn’t a completely surprising thing to me. I mean, there’s a reason why I broke up with that relationship.”

Wilde did not mention his ex-fiancee’s name in the interview.

She said her children were most impressed by the show because “they would have to see it and never know it was happening”.

Last month, she spoke directly about her relationship with Sudeikis when she responded to rumors that she was dumping him for Styles.

“Our relationship was over long before I met Harry,” she told Vanity Fair.

She revealed that her previous relationship did not end abruptly.

“Unfortunately, Jason and I had a very bumpy road and we officially ended the relationship towards the start of the pandemic,” he said.

Comments